I turn 28 today!
Can I just take a minute and scream into my pillow?!
*
*
*
*
Ok. I'm better now.
Having made a huge transition in my life out of school and (hopefully) into the work force and finally moving in with Al in Colorado, things have been a little chaotic. In all the good ways, of course.
Have you ever read the What Every Women Should Know Before 30 article? I'm pleased to say that I've already satisfied everything on that list. Of course, that's not all there is to life and with my birthday looming, I have been reflecting on my life recently. I sat down and re-evaluated my goals.
Have you ever read the What Every Women Should Know Before 30 article? I'm pleased to say that I've already satisfied everything on that list. Of course, that's not all there is to life and with my birthday looming, I have been reflecting on my life recently. I sat down and re-evaluated my goals.
I have always maintained a "bucket list" of sorts, but I wanted to revamp that list. I have a list of 12 goals I want to focus on this year, but they are not so much large goals as daily improvements I want to strive for throughout the year. I think, ultimately, it is good to have goals that address short-term or small life improvements; mid-term goals; and longer-term life goals.
Here's my list:
30 by 30
Begin
date: May 5, 2012
End date:
May 5, 2014
1. Pass
the Bar & Get a Job
2. Join
Colorado Bar Association
3. Get
Pregnant
4. Buy a
new car
5. Pay
off at least 1/3 of
my school loans
6. Lose
15 pounds
7. Learn
to salsa dance
8. Go
camping (overnight)
9. Tour
the Coors Brewery
10. Take
snowboarding lessons
11. See a
Rockies game at Coors Field
12. See
MNSU (my alma mater) play Colorado College in D1 Hockey
13. Read
20 books from my list
14. Go on
a honeymoon (finally!)
15. Put
together a Shutterfly wedding album
16. Renew
my First Aid/CPR certification
17. Get
my conceal & carry/license to carry
18.
Organize and label all our important family documents
19.
Attend the 2013 Milblog Conference
20. Build
bedroom bench
21. Eat
at the "10 Best"
restaurants in Co.
Springs
22. Get
another tattoo
23. Take
a cruise
24.
Participate in the Denver Warrior Dash
25. Sew
pillow cases for the living room pillows
26.
Purchase a domain and redesign my blog
27. Ride
a mechanical bull
28. Visit
the Wizard of Oz museum in Kansas
29. Go to
a winery and help make my own wine
30. Take
a cooking class
Many of them focus on things we can do in Colorado and experiences I'd like to have during our time here. Others are just things I've been meaning to try or that are on the bigger list. I edited the Bucket List tab above to reflect these 30 by 30 goals and the larger bucket list. I might add to this as I go as new things pique my interest (I'm shooting for 100 on the big list) and as some priorities change others will drop away. I will update the list as I cross things off as well!
I can't wait to get started...in the meantime, I would love a piece of cheesecake. And maybe a glass of whiskey.
3 comments:
Woo-hoo! Happy Birthday!!!
Those sound like FUN goals to have by 30. All though I have my own feelings about pregnancy.
I turn 30 in July so you have a huge leg up on me. You have accomplished so much and you're 28!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures from all of your awesome goals you have set. Touring the Coors brewery is something I need to do! I think we're moving to Carson next summer if all goes right so I think that will be on my list!
Great list! :)
Post a Comment