Today, HH6Diva and Riding the Roller Coaster are hosting a Military Spouse Appreciation Day blog-hop. Many of our amazing blogger cohorts are traveling to D.C. this weekend for the Milblogger Conference and Milbloggie awards! I am so proud of all those amazing ladies and secretly a little jealous that I can't be there with them. There's just not time on the calendar or money in the pocket for those adventures!
So, instead, we are having a internet-wide blog-hop for MSADay - How fun!
I suppose you're wondering who I am?
My name is Melissa, but I go by Mel.
I've been a military spouse for just over 14 months. Prior to that I was a military fiance, girlfriend, officer candidate and lifelong supporter. You could say that the military has always been a part of my life. You can definitely say the military has shaped who I am, for better or worse.
I am an almost-JD, with my law school graduation ceremony next weekend! It is just my soldier-husband and myself, no animals, no babies. For now, that's enough for us. We've both spent a lot of time focusing on our dreams, as individuals and as a couple and we are happy, after 3.5 years apart, to be living together in the same state.
We are stationed at Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs, CO and before that, we were at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX. (Shout out to my Bliss ladies!) I love Colorado so far and look forward to making a life here. I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish in Colorado and we will see where the Army takes us from here!
Lastly, I want to take a moment and appreciate all the wonderful military spouses I've met on this journey (you know who you are!) I love this community of women (and men) more than I could express on this humble blog. If you're a milspouse, consider yourself thanked and hugged. If you're not, please take 10 seconds out of your day and say "thank you" to one of these amazing and beautiful people, who sacrifice every single day!
Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!
My name is Melissa, but I go by Mel.
I've been a military spouse for just over 14 months. Prior to that I was a military fiance, girlfriend, officer candidate and lifelong supporter. You could say that the military has always been a part of my life. You can definitely say the military has shaped who I am, for better or worse.
I am an almost-JD, with my law school graduation ceremony next weekend! It is just my soldier-husband and myself, no animals, no babies. For now, that's enough for us. We've both spent a lot of time focusing on our dreams, as individuals and as a couple and we are happy, after 3.5 years apart, to be living together in the same state.
We are stationed at Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs, CO and before that, we were at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX. (Shout out to my Bliss ladies!) I love Colorado so far and look forward to making a life here. I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish in Colorado and we will see where the Army takes us from here!
Lastly, I want to take a moment and appreciate all the wonderful military spouses I've met on this journey (you know who you are!) I love this community of women (and men) more than I could express on this humble blog. If you're a milspouse, consider yourself thanked and hugged. If you're not, please take 10 seconds out of your day and say "thank you" to one of these amazing and beautiful people, who sacrifice every single day!
Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!


15 comments:
you are the cutest and I"m so glad you're HOME with your hubby now!! yay!!
xoxo
hillary
Have fun in CO! That was so on our dream sheet, but apparently the Army just gets you to write those out for kicks or something? I dunno. Anywho, Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day and congrats on graduation! :)
Hi Melissa!
I'm visiting from the MilSpouse Blog Hop! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you!
I have seen your button on so many other blogs and I've just never found my way to your blog.. I am totally loving this blog hop because it is giving me a chance to get to know everyone!
It is so nice to meet you!
Stopping by via the party to say hello and wish you a Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!
Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day! I'm from Colorado Springs, we loooooveee Colorado!
Congratulations on your graduation & getting to finally be back with your husband! Colorado is so nice ~ my husband & I would love to live there sometime!
Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!
(btw, I think you meant to say 2012 in your title ~ I do that all the time :)
Blessings!
Thanks for stopping by! I am stuck in Texas and would LOVE to be in Colorado! Love your blog name, BTW!
Hi! Fort Carson is beautiful!! Love it there! Also, congrats on graduating law school! I worked for attorneys all through college and loved it...well depending on what day you asked ;)
You always have the best shoes! :)
Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!
Have a great weekend!
Hi! I found you on the blog hop! We are hoping to get sent to Fort Carson!!! :) -Jen @ The Adventures of Our Army Life.
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! How exciting. :) And I LOVE CO.
Visiting from Military Spouse Appreciation hop and now following you. Please stop by and visit when you get a chance. I host Weekend Blog Walk and would love to have you join in. http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com
Jessica @ At Home Take 2
I am finally catching up on the blog hop. Happy Belated Military Spouse Appreciation Day! And congratulations on your graduation (:
Hey friend! Thank you so much for joining in on the blog hop! And sorry it took me so long to come and visit. You are sooooo going to the conference next year so we can meet! ;) Hope you had fun visiting the other ladies on the list and that you had a fabulous Mil Spouse Appreciation Day!!!
xoxo
Roller Coaster
http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com
Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop but I wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! It was nice to meet you! So Happy belated military spouse appreciation day!! Amanda
mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com
Post a Comment