Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Redemption

Do you remember this post? 

Well, yesterday I re-took the exam and I passed! I am so grateful to be over that hurdle so I can start building my business and, more importantly, start making money at it! 

It felt great to go into the exam knowing what to expect, which I guess is an advantage to taking it more than once. But it felt even better to click "calculate results" and see "PASS" in big, black letters. 

On my drive back from the testing center, I blasted the music with the windows down (it was a beautiful 70-degree day, unlike today's 20 degrees and 50 mph winds!) and simply reveled in my accomplishment. This isn't meant to sound like bragging because, believe me, there was not a big margin between failing and my score. And I don't think I can even say I'm proud of the work, mostly relieved and just happy to be done.

The biggest thing I took away from the whole experience is self-teaching something new is really hard. You will at some point hit a wall and want to walk away. Instead, stick with it, find new ways to learn, and don't get discouraged. When you're done, you will not regret pushing yourself to learn something new!

Have you redeemed yourself recently for an earlier mistake? Tell me about it.

2 comments:

JG said...

Yay!! A pass is a pass :) so proud of you!

finally completing a 90 Day challenge was a HUGE redemption for me. this was most definitely NOT my first attempt! just the first successful one.

erika said...

That is amazing!! Thrilled for you!