Sunday, November 17, 2013

More on our Little One

Last weekend, my mother flew in from Minnesota in order to be a part of our gender reveal appointment. On Thursday, we picked her up at DIA and Friday after a half-day of work, we headed to the hospital at Ft. Carson for our ultrasound. 

After the first 25 minutes, the radiologist asked if my mother and I wanted to know the gender. (We did. But Al was out in the waiting area since only one person was allowed in at a time.) We had him tell us anyway because I didn't want to wait - Al came in shortly thereafter and found out himself.

So...our little one is a...
 ...a girl!
{That's a pink cupcake, which I brought to the office later that day.}

Now, Al and I were both pretty set on a boy. We figured it'd be easier for our first child and, well, Al's a total sucker for a pretty girl who cries. And, if I'm being brutally honest, I have no idea how to do pink and ruffles and princess stuff. 

Nevertheless, our little one is a little lady. She'll probably wear tutus and drive tractors and paint her nails and shoot a gun. In other words, she'll be the perfect dichotomy of all things awesome. And, the next day shopping with my mother I found these... 
Leopard print AND pink. Okay, so having a girl probably won't be too bad. Now, if Al can just figure out how to say "no" we'll be just fine!

6 comments:

Jen said...

How wonderful! :) Congrats on a precious little girl.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats again :-)

Mrs. Duh said...

Congratulations!!

Jordan Cole said...

YAYYYYYY!!! CONGRATS ON THE SWEET LITTLE GIRL!!!!

Erin said...

Don't know how to do it? Do what we do - just don't. ;) M will get that stuff if she expresses an interest, otherwise not. Yay for baby girls!

erika said...

Aw! Congrats. Girls aren't so bad. :)