Friday, July 1, 2011

Do toe crunches and finger flutter kicks count as exercise?

{this was my post from yesterday that never made it up because of the Blogger issues - Hence I have removed the song and decided not to link-up.}

I had a difficult time settling into a routine that didn't involve work, school or homework.
Since then, I've made some amazing friends (which is a long, mushy post for another day) who have helped to fill my time. I've also developed some new skills and improved on some others.

The one thing I haven't done?
Worked out.
I haven't gone to the gym. I haven't ran outside.
I haven't even knocked out a couple push-ups in the morning before I get ready.
I haven't watched a video or done yoga or swam laps.

I haven't gained weight, which is a good thing.
But I have gotten out-of-shape. I can't do as many physical things as I could before. Even as simple as the amount of weight I can lift or my level of flexibility.
And it's not gaining weight that I'm worried about.
It's the fact that one of my primary summer goals was to LOSE weight. And I have made no effort towards that goal.

What excuse do I have?
None.

I have all the time in the world. I've been getting up with Al at 0500 or at the worst, by 0630 every morning. I could easily run before it gets too hot. I could easily hit the gym a couple times per week when I'm on post anyway. I even brought my 5 lb. free weights and could do it while sitting on my ass at home!

But I haven't. Not one single day.

I finally called the Boxing place and set up my first session for after the holiday. And since Al and I have a 4-day this weekend, we've planned some outdoor activities to stay active and get the blood flowing. Hopefully, that will get me motivated so I can get the best of the last month that I'm here.

1 comment:

JG said...

Um, girl, you should have said something! I'm always looking for a gym buddy! We can totally hit Soto together next week!