During my time in the sweltering heat and unending boredom of El Paso, I managed to make a couple of friends. I have blogging to thank for that.
Before I moved down here, I sent out a plea to my lovely followers for anyone who was stationed at Ft. Bliss. It's one of the largest Army posts, someone has to live here, right?
Two girls responded:
Jessica from Learning As We Go
and
Jaci from Me and My Soldierman
We made contact pretty early in the summer and have continued to hang out ever since.
They were previously friends, which made it easy to coordinate get-togethers.
And let me tell you, I lucked out on this package deal.
We had a fro-yo first date.
We've enjoyed a handful of wine & movie ladies nights.
I've help pack and move both Jessica and another lovely lady to their new on-post housing.
We've gone shopping.
We had a 4th of July BBQ.
I met and fell in love with this guy (Jess's son, Andrew):


And we have supported and loved-on each other in only ways Army wives can.
I have made great friends with two amazing (albeit fantastically different) women, who have made me more comfortable with this crazy Army life, introduced me to new things and kept me company on my nights alone. Frankly, these ladies saved my life this summer.
I love my husband and was so blessed to spend the summer with him.
But I am more than a wife.
I am a professional.
I am a sister and a daughter.
I am a total nerd.
I am a friend.
Spending time with Jess and Jaci let me be that friend. I've become a better friend. A better person. A happier person. For that, I am wholly and eternally grateful.
Thank you - - For being a part of what I hope will be a bosom buddy, partner-in-fun, shoulder-to-cry-on kind of friendship that lasts forever.
2 comments:
I'm a little emotional from the way my weekend has gone, but this just made me cry and I'm sure it would have anyways!
We are lucky to have you with us for the summer.. I only wish it was longer.. but that's just the way this life goes. It comforts me to know that I've made an amazing, lifelong friend.. no matter how much distance is between us! Plus, this little Army world is a small one. We WILL meet up again!
Oh my goodness. I was just thinking yesterday how I can't believe the summer is almost over and you'll be leaving. :( I'm not ready!! I am so going to miss you. But I'm not thinking about that, yet. I am so glad you were able to come down. And yes, thank goodness for blogging and the internet, so we can stay friends even when we aren't at the same post anymore.
Okay, I'm going to go cry now....
Post a Comment