I have a special treat for Fashion Friday this week. I was contacted by eShakti to try out one of their items. If you're not familiar, eShakti is an online shopping site that allows you to customize their items to your preference. If they show a dress with sleeves, you can remove them. You can change the length to hit more or less conservatively and you can even change the specific measurements if you, like me, are smaller on bottom than you are on top.
I chose the Shawl Collar Poplin Dress in the gorgeous spring green. I have been searching for a great green dress that I can wear with a blazer, or throw on flats for a casual brunch. This dress is perfect! And I wanted to show you how it transitioned from daytime to weekend-wear.
Here are a few shots of the dress un-styled.
{Pockets! Love them!}
Here are a few shots of the dress un-styled.
{Pockets! Love them!}
Look 1: Office Wear
This would be most appropriate for a casual Friday or a work setting with a more casual dress code, but it still looks appropriate and pulled-together. I paired it with a striped cardigan on top to cover up the curviness of the dress and add a layer to the arms. I then threw on a pair of work-appropriate heels and my trench coat for a work ready look.
Look 2: Weekend Wear
I'm sorry I am mean-mugging y'all in this photo.
I couldn't get the dog to stop running in and out of my shots! :)
The weekend look is great for brunch or even a get-together. Once spring is here to stay, the sleeveless look would work. Until then, I would put a light cardigan or a jean jacket on top.
I couldn't get the dog to stop running in and out of my shots! :)
The weekend look is great for brunch or even a get-together. Once spring is here to stay, the sleeveless look would work. Until then, I would put a light cardigan or a jean jacket on top.
For an extra-special treat, eShakti has offered a discount code to all my lovely readers. Simply head over to their site and choose your favorite item. Upon checkout enter code: MELSMNYHTS and you will receive 20% off your order! They have extremely reasonable prices to begin with and with the extra 20% off, you can score an amazingly tailored item at a great price! Do not forget to customize your pick before you complete check-out so you can have exactly what you want! The code is only available through 3/20, so head over and use it now!
1 comment:
I may have to check them out. I have the opposite problem you do - anything that fits me downstairs hangs off dramatically up top!
Post a Comment