I will have my car completely paid off by the end of the month. When I was 20, I bought a brand new Saturn off the lot. I learned how to drive a stick shift to save myself $1000 and I've been driving my baby ever since. To be fair, my parents had to sign for the loan. I've been making payments to them for 6 years and this month I will have made my final payment, transferred the car title to my name and be the proud **official** owner of a lovely silver Saturn.
On another, but similar note, I found a great room for rent in a house with a couple of girls I knew in Undergrad. It's only about 1/2 mile from where I am now and it's a really good price.
The pros: washer/dryer, garage, walk-in closet, large kitchen, deck, and (did I mention a walk-in closet?!)
The pros: washer/dryer, garage, walk-in closet, large kitchen, deck, and (did I mention a walk-in closet?!)
The cons: too far to walk to school, about $80 more than I'm paying now, and ANOTHER roommate situation that just might not work out
All-in-all, it sounds like I'm getting a lot for my money and I really think these girls will make good roommates. They both work and go to school and seem to be pretty dedicated to both. Plus, they have given full reign for Al to stay whenever he's home, no matter how long it is.
Car ownership, a new place & 1 week shy of 26. I really am a big girl now.
No comments:
Post a Comment