
Ginger and I - 5 years ago at Mom's wedding
My sister (aka Ginger) turned 21 yesterday! Yikes!
Truth is, as with most college girls, she's not entirely unfamiliar with the bar scene or drinking. Nevertheless, it's still special when it's official AND legal.
It also happened to be her golden birthday.
So, early afternoon, I drove down to my alma mater (where she attends school now) to spend the night with her. I wanted to make sure she was safe, had a ride home AND of course, had fun! A couple friends of mine came with to enjoy the celebration (specifically my BFF, Linus who's been waiting for this day since the first time Ginger visited us at college when she was 14.)

Her first year on the cheer team

At an away game, showing her spirit. I love this because it sums her (with her stellar sense of humor and silly attitude) perfectly!
Ginger is a cheerleader for the hockey team. The school plays D1 (the highest level of college sports) hockey and happens to be pretty darn good, so she gets a lot of local "fame." She made captain this year! Most of her cheer girls came out, a few friends of mine and a handful of other people.

Photo from last night
She works at a local sports bar, so that was the inevitable place to start. Turns out, by the time we left there and made it back to her apartment, she was ready for water for the rest of the evening. She drank for a good 12 hours - making sure to eat plenty and space it out with water. She's a total trooper and I am so proud of how responsible she was with the whole thing.

One of the many times she dyed her hair - she's finally old enough to appreciate being a red-head, although she looks beautiful no matter what!
She's beautiful, as you can see. She's sweet and fun. She has the most amazing sense of humor and can lock onto a room in seconds. She's compelling and charming. Did I mention that she's Pre-Med? And she's my best friend.
13 comments:
Such a cute post, and you guys look so much alike! My older sis is one of my best friends too! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time and were responsible about it. :)
xoxo
Awww! Such pretty ladies! =)
Glad she had such a wonderful 21st b-day and that you were able to share it with her!
You guys are so pretty :)
It's always good when you have a GOOD 21st! Happy belated birthday to her :)
You can definitely tell you two are sisters. It sounds like you are a wonderful older sister to her and she's lucky to have someone looking out for her. You both looked beautiful!
Sounds like fun! I'm glad you got to spend her birthday with her.
This is too cute! I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time!
Awww such great pictures!! I'm glad she had a great time for her birthday!! And congrats to her for making captain =)
Awww, what a beautiful and talented pair you two are! She's adorable.
And yep, same Rob Bell. That book was ah-mazing. The title is a little off-putting, but it's more about relationships in general than sex in particular. I suspect you would like it.
Awe the 21st birthday! My parents bought me my first legal drink. You and your sister are beautiful!
Sounds like you had a great time! You guys look so much alike, so pretty! And.... it would be awesome if you could send me a postcard from Minnesota. If you want anything from Texas I would be happy to reciprocate =)
Awe she's gorgeous!! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Happy Birthday to Ginger :)
Cute post :) XOXO
Post a Comment