Saturday, June 5, 2010

You asked, Al answered

Since we do most of our communicating by webcam, I decided it was easiest for me to ask the questions like an interview and have Al answer them.
It also allows me to ensure the spelling and grammar are correct.
(My comments are in blue.) (Al's comments are in green)
Disclaimer: I tried to stay true to the answers he gave, and included some commentary along the way; therefore let me apologize now for the overwhelming amount of answers that involve my breasts. What can I say other then he's sexually deprived for our freedom so give him a break!?

Jessica asked...
What's it like having a girlfriend in law school?
Agonizing, because she isn't with me. I could have had her in El Paso before and after I deployed, but NO, she has to learn... Oh, and I'm proud of her.
When you guys have little tiffs, does she "out-argue" you?
Absolutely not. I win 98% of the time, but we share "air points" so I guess it's a draw.
(Or not...)
Are you planning on being a lifer, or do you want to get out soon?
Out soon. I don't have a very inviting working environment at the moment and it has soured the whole experience for me. On the other hand, I love what I do and why I do it. I'm torn.

"I want to pinch your boob right now. Will you pinch it for me?"
"No, now can we move on with this?"

Mrs. Thomas asked...
What was your first impression of Mel?
Beautiful body, mind and soul. Simply put. I was hooked as soon as I first saw her talk. She was working in a place ran mostly by men but when she was there, she ran the place and called the shots. I thought it was very sexy.
What is your favorite thing about Mel?
I would say that it's her openness to take in a little of my hick-ness, even though I'm oil to her big-city water. She isn't afraid to get muddy or go to the barns and get dirty
What is one thing she does that irks you the most?
Am I allowed to say that she doesn't show her boobs enough on web-cam? No, really. I would say it's the shoe thing; it's gone way past reasonable.
If you weren't "over there" what is one thing you wish you were doing the most?
Spending time with Mel on the lake, fishing, and drinking beer and maybe a little PDA.
Do you consider yourself a butt or boob guy?
BoOoOoBs!
(Don't tell me you didn't see this coming...ha ha)

Star asked...
What made you join the military?
All the sex, drugs and alcohol, what else?
Putting on a uniform and doing something that needed to be done for people that I thought deserved it...because freedom isn't free.
Why does a big, tough-guy like you want to date a strong, smart independent career woman?
(Thanks Star, you're such a doll!)
Her boobs. No, I'm kidding. I don't think Mel is very intimidating...She's like an M&M. She's got the tough exterior that can kick some ass when needed, but on the inside she's soft, loving, caring and supportive.
Why do some guys do stupid things? Do you think women do stupid things? If so, what?

First, there’s not enough time or space in the world to write down all the stupid things that guys do. We can at time (myself included) be insensitive jerks (which I apologize for everyone) and a lot of the stupid things guys do are guy oriented. If a guy has a chance to be a jerk in front of another guy, he might do it for his ego.

Stupid is a very broad term.

Women are different. I think women are a lot less stupid then guys in general. I think women are stupid when it comes to shoes. (Just kidding, I just know it will twist Mel’s buttons). I think spending more than $5 is stupid, but I have no hair so I guess it’s all relative.

I think both men and women get clique-y with one group over another and can lead to fights. I think they are about equal on the stupid balance of life.


Rachel asked...
What food do you miss the most while you're overseas?
Homemade food. Especially food I cook.

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

this was such a great idea! thanks for sharing this - it was fun to hear his perspective! and i was laughing at all the boob references (probably because i can hear my husband saying similar stuff!).

Jordan Cole said...

This was such a fun post to read! I was cracking up most of the time! Yall are so cute together!

Anonymous said...

This just made my day! This was fun to read! Thanks, Al, for answering our questions!

Anonymous said...

i loved this!

Star Spangled said...

This was awesome. Awe.Some.

SO funny. Who needs TV when I can read Al's commentary? Thank you, Al!

And what's he got against having a lot of shoes anyway? Them's fightin words.