I'm blogging from the post Starbucks. Why?
Because I've been without internet now for over 2 days.
And of course Murphy was at work because it happened just as Al left for three days of field training. I fiddled with the cords, reset every possible piece of the puzzle and even organized all the cords to make sure everything was still hooked up properly.
Then I did the unthinkable.
I called tech support. {gasp!}
{Now, I don't mean to speak negatively about tech support people in general.
In fact, a lot of my closest friends in college are tech guys - or geeks rather - and if I were in Minnesota it would be one phone call to a friend and it would be fixed within an hour.}
But I'm not in Minnesota.
And instead of a friend, I had to call the dreaded Time Warner Cable.
I didn't have a bill and/or account number, but I have Al's SSN and his cell phone (which is how the access your cable/internet anyway) so I figured it would be fine.
I was wrong...
Apparently that personal information is not enough for me to access our cable account.
Therefore they wouldn't even walk me through the problem.
It's not like I was asking for a change to the bill, to add or remove a credit card or anything that required security measures. I just wanted to troubleshoot my modem and router and see if they could fix the problem.
But because all I had was a SSN, clearly I was not authorized to get such assistance.
So I've been sitting in my apartment, with no internet, stewing in my disdain for tech support people (or TWC, more specifically) and eating to fill the boredom.
After another restless night of sleeping alone with no Netflix, I decided I'd had enough.
I rounded up my laptop, research materials and headphones and decided I was going to find WiFi somewhere. And now that I have a Grande Caramel Macchiato in my hand, a danish in my belly and a shaded patio seat, I am once again a happy camper.
2 comments:
I'm sorry about all the troubles, but hanging out at Starbucks for the afternoon sounds really nice. :)
That really sucks :( You couldn't call Noel anyway and see if he knew anything?
Post a Comment