Thursday, September 1, 2011

Music Feature: Gary Allan

Anyone who loves country music, knows Gary Allan. Many of his songs are melancholy and even sad, but most people don't know the story behind them. In 2004, his wife Angela committed suicide after struggling with depression for many years. His album, "Tough All Over" is almost entirely dedicated to that experience and how he healed from the loss. Six years later, he is still using music to heal his pain and produces some of the most honest, raw and beautiful songs I have ever heard.
I sometimes wish I could be this honest about my feelings, especially my pain and heartache.

So, today, I am sharing my favorite songs from Gary Allan. You've probably heard many of them, but hopefully this new perspective helps you hear an even bigger message behind these songs.

Best I Ever Had

Life Ain't Always Beautiful

No Regrets

Hug your loved ones tonight. Hard.

No comments: