Sunday, September 4, 2011

Unveiling "The Plan"

I mentioned on my Facebook page that I was creating a "blogging plan" to go along with my overall plan to be more purposeful and productive. This was actually really hard for me because blogging has been such a significant part of my daily life - emotionally and actually. On the other hand, I am 9 months away from my law degree and really need to focus on school, my family and staying happy and healthy.

This means that I needed to re-evaluate my blogging priorities. This includes my new fashion blog too, and incorporating both into my daily schedule, without overwhelming myself. As it is, I am spending 6-7 hours per week between the two blogs. That doesn't include reading all the blogs I follow and commenting. When I break it down like that, I just can not justify the time it's taking away from the other things in my life.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, I am just going to be relying more on weekly memes and scheduled posts and less on the day-to-day posting. Here is my plan:

Monday: Fall Goals {Premiering tomorrow}
Wednesday: Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: Song Link-up with Goodnight Moon
Saturday: Open

There will, of course, be times I have something to say, or news to share, but I will try to stick to the above plan as much as possible. This way, I spend an hour or two on Saturday prepping for the week and can cut-down on my blogging time.

If you are following my fashion blog, and wish to continue doing so, you should know that I will still be posting (almost) daily outfits. I also don't plan on disappearing from reading or commenting too much, but don't be surprised if you don't hear from me quite as regularly as you do now.

Finally, thank you from the bottom of my heart. My readers are so important to me and I appreciate your friendship and your continued support. If you can bear with me through this time, I promise to make it worth your time on the other side.

Much Love, Mel

1 comment:

JG said...

You'll be so proud! When I get back in town, Jessica and I are getting together and making "life planners" to help us get organized! :)

I totally understand with being overwhelmed with the blogging thing, even though I don't have nearly the external pressures you do. Having weekly memes to keep you in the habit is good. I really need to develop a plan for my blog, as well. I was supposed to have a 3rd book draft finished a week ago and I don't. :p Blogging is a big factor there.