Thursday, January 12, 2012

Greeting Card Box: My version

In an effort to get more organized (one of my 12 goals) I have been looking at ways of taking all those piles of things, folders, papers, etc...and making them more accessible and usable. One of those things was the box of greeting cards that I have. Earlier this week, I posted the pin that inspired the project and here I am going to show you my version.

I started with a pretty box I bought at Wal-mart:
And a stack of these:
I cut the folder in half (so it was just card stock sheets with tabs on top) and sized them down to fit snugly in the box. Then I labeled the folders with various categories of cards (from Thank-You to General Occasion). I labeled another stack of them with each month of the year. I separated the two section with a piece of cardboard (cut from the side of a box).
I started filling it with all the cards I have in boxes.
I am probably going to add some categories (for Baby, Romance, Blank, etc...) and I am still working on compiling all the dates to write on each month's folder.
As the month arrives, I will look at all the important dates, prep the cards and buy any that I don't have. It will make mailing the cards easier. Plus, it serves as a go-to if an event comes up that I forget about (which happens all the time!)

I plan on doing some more organization projects in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for those posts as well. {It looks like January is shaping up to be organization month for this girl!}

1 comment:

Kace said...

Very cute! I need to do this, too. My sister bought me three huge boxes of greeting cards at a yard sale about a year ago. Ha! I should be set for life, but I do need to organize them.