Monday, April 2, 2012

12 in 2012: Month in Review

I cannot believe it's already April! I move to Colorado in less than a month - so exciting! That means 29 days stand between me and my husband. Well, 29 days, 1.5 papers, 1 take-home exam and 2 final exams as well as 1000 miles stand between us. 

In the meantime, let's look back over my 12 in 2012 goals for the month of March:



1. Speak up.
I spent the better part of the month writing my long paper, which meant I had to cancel social engagements quite regularly. The biggest challenge is not feeling guilty for making the decision, now that I'm better able to make it in the first place.

2. Spend less.
I did some shopping this month, focusing on professional basics and versatile items for work and everyday wear. Check out my fashion blog for the specifics of this goal and my fashion budget tracker.

3. Spread the Love.
OK...I had big plans for this one during March, but I was so swamped with school that it just never came to be. I did send a friend a card for her birthday and did something special for my Grandma, but I have a lot of ideas percolating for this goal.

4. Snap it.
I traveled a bit this month, so I should be able to catch up my picture deficit currently in my album on Facebook. 

5. Spice it Up.
No new recipes this month - I've been doing so much eating-on-the-go!

6. Sweat.
This is so not happening. At least not until I move. I just can't fit the gym into my life (and right now, sleep and other basics are just more important.)

7. Stamp It.
Still on hold until May or June.

8. See the Sights.
I actually traveled to D.C. this month, so I got to explore a lot there. As for exploring my home surroundings, I am still lacking there. I could remind you that I've been busy, but I think you get the point.

9. Style it.
I did a fun challenge where I only wore skirts and dresses for a whole week. Follow my fashion blog, to see that journey. Find my fashion inspiration here.

10. Save space.
I will be doing  huge purge this coming month as I prepare for the move. That includes an inventory of my closet and going through my storage locker so I keep only the things we need or will use. I can't wait to get my things narrowed down so I can go on an organization spree when I get to Colorado.

11. Slow down.  and 12. Sleep more.
This month was exactly the opposite of slow and relaxing. I don't see that changing much through April, but hopefully I can at least focus on the sleep part.

1 comment:

nikki said...

hi! thanks for stopping by my blog! your comment totally made my day.

xo, nikki

http://carry-on-couture.blogspot.com