Friday, May 21, 2010

My Trip to the Park

In Minnesota there is a free Conservatory here in the cities. It's connected to a zoo, but the Conservatory is by far the cooler part of the park. My girlfriend and I decided that this would be a cool way to blow an afternoon in the sun yesterday. Here are some pictures.
This is the only time you'll ever see palm trees in Minnesota
I thought the flower was pretty - and it's called "Starfighter"
Now if only we can get money to grow on trees!
A java plant? Yes, please!
This is the Japanese Garden that was donated to the city of St. Paul by Nagasaki, Japan in 1955. Apparently, this was the first sister-city relationship established with a Japanese city. Since it happened so soon after WWII, that's actually really impressive. Although, not as impressive as the garden itself. Beautiful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! It looks beautiful.

Julie said...

Great photography! Are these taken with your new camera? Is that a silly question?? Sigh!

Kaylee said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the conservatory! it's a great place to go! awesome photos!

Jill Schrader said...

I've never been there. Clearly I've been missing out! I'll have to check it out someday when the weather looks nicer than today.