Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Honey-Do List

Originally, I planned on getting all the loose ends tied up before Al arrived so he wouldn't have anything to worry about. I want him to spend his first week (AT LEAST) sitting around doing NOTHING and I certainly don't want him thinking about the grass or those shelves or my car.

But the other day (before we lost contact - I still haven't heard anything) he asked me to save those jobs for him. He said that after the first week he's going to be bored and want to "work" on things. So he asked me not to hang my shelves and not to put away all the old electronic equipment in my basement.

Hell, that's certainly a request I can live with! So, I started writing down things he can take care of when he's sitting around waiting for me to get home from class or work:

1. Hang shelves in the bedroom
2. Clean up old electronic/computer equipment - sell or toss
3. Help hang bulletin board in office with painting wire
4. Go through my bins in storage - determine what we'll need when we move in together - sell or toss
5. Hang photos in bedroom
6. Oil Change
(I am taking care of this one today, since it's a bit overdue and I found a coupon for super-cheap. Can you really beat $19.99 for an oil change AND tire rotation? No, you cannot!)
7. Make headboard (I'll buy the fabric, since I can't trust him to do that part. Idea from here.)
8. Car detailing, vacuuming, etc...
9. Mow lawn
10. Clean out garage

I'm sure when I give the list to him it will include things like "give Melissa massage" and "make Melissa's coffee." Ha ha. Oh, and perhaps some dirtier ones too!

I love that my man can't sit still too long and WANTS to make sure all these things are done so I don't have to do them. I love that he likes to take care of me, even though I am VERY VERY bad at letting him. Most of all, I love that he lets me be stubborn about doing things myself until I finally give in and ask for his help, to which he responds with a smile and "yes ma'am!"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so jealous that he's going to detail your car for you!

Lisa said...

Nice! I'm glad that he takes such good care of you! :)