Sunday, January 16, 2011

Purging

Since I had an extra day this weekend I was able to tackle one of the big projects on my
TO DO LIST: go through my closet.

I try to do it every 4 months or so.

Three piles: Keep / Toss / Sell or Donate

This time around, my roommate sat in my room and helped and she got first dibs on anything I was getting rid of. My other roommate went through the pile later and took a few additional items.

I was able to purge out 60 or so clothing items (20 more went to my roommates).
I purged 4 pairs of shoes, 5 purses, a couple belts and other random accessories.
I even went through my drawers and got rid of some un-opened lotions, body washes and the like.

It was incredibly freeing to get so many unused items out of my life.
My space is more organized, more accessible and there's simply more room.

And now, I get an excuse to go shopping.

5 comments:

Lou said...

Omg. I am such a hoarder, and when i finnaly got rid of old clothes and items i didnt need i felt free to, what a wonderful feeling.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

when i move in my with fiance, he is going to make me do this. i'm like ugh...i don't want to lol

Anonymous said...

That's what I need to do! Yes, if you visit Al, do let me know. I' d love to show ya around :)

Michelle said...

Ha ha! Since OccDoc deployed I've totally taken the opportunity to purge...his stuff. Seriously, he doesn't need jeans from 10 years ago - they're stonewashed and there is no way he's going to ever fit into them again. And I've purged a ton of my stuff, too. It is REALLY liberating!

Congrats on making more room in your closet for shopping!

Anonymous said...

Do I get a shot to go through your purses and shoes!?