As military spouses, we have all been through many of the same experiences. Everything from deployments to last-minute PCS orders. And most of us understand the importance of surrounding ourselves with other women in order to get through this crazy, mixed-up life together.
That's why I started blogging.
The community of women I have found through blogging has meant more to me than I ever thought it would. A group of strangers has changed my life for the better.
And for that, I want to thank you.
But not just with words.
So, I am giving away a prize.
I recently stumbled upon the "Jenny the Military Spouse" cartoon series. I guess it's featured in Stars and Stripes pretty regularly, but since I'm not near a post and new to this whole thing, I wasn't familiar with it.

When I discovered it, I found it to be funny. But mostly, it is cute and fun, even if not "hilarious." Julie Negron is an Air Force wife herself and approaches the military life with levity and humor, which we could all use a little more of. Check out her website!
I am giving away a copy of her book, which includes her first couple years' worth of comic strips.

How to enter:
1. One entry for following me
2. One entry for adding her on Facebook
3. One entry for following her blog
4. Finally, one entry for telling me your favorite thing about the online, mil-spouse blogging community.
{Disclaimer: I was offered no incentive for offering this giveaway, nor will I receive any profits from the sale or any other payment for the advertising. I am doing this of my own volition simply because I want to share her with you!}
16 comments:
You are SUCH an atty!! Cute cartoon but I love the disclaimer most ;)
I added her on fb!
btw thanks for introducing me to her..i enjoying reading these!
Im a follwer:)
My favorite thing about the blogging and online communities, is that it really is nice to get a perpsective and advice from people outside of your comfort zone. I have gained many friends from this community, who give me advice truthful, and who know what im going through. I love it, it makes deployment easier.
Oh and im follwing Jenny!
I'm a follower! And am on my way to visiting her site!
I follow your blog.
kriswhite82 at gmail dot com
I added her on facebook.
kriswhite82 at gmail dot com
ONe of my favorite things about the online community of mil spouses is that you can always find someone who has been where you are going or is looking for information on a place you have been. No more getting somewhere and being completely lost in a new place. BTW I met Julie when I lived in Okinawa. She is just as funny in person as she is in her comics.
kriswhite82 at gmail dot com
I'm a follower!
I LOVE JENNY THE MILITARY SPOUSE!!! I want her book!!! I love most about the military-spouse (even though I am not a spouse) are all the wonderful friends I have made and how much I have learned from everyone!
I'm a follower! And I'm going to go check her out. :-)
Such a wonderful read. It really made me laugh! Will follow her for just the fun of it. It will keep my crazy days a little better.
I'm a follower!
I love you, duh. I'm following her blog and her facebook. I heard about her during a Military family training. :)
I love the bloggy community because I feel so loved by people I've never even met. It's way beyond words. You can't even explain to people what it is like if they aren't part of it.
I'm a follower
Post a Comment