I always like seeing the tours of people's homes.
The different decorating styles and personalities are so much fun to see.
And I always get great ideas.
Unfortunately, because I rent a house, along with two other girls, my "home" results in a VERY small square bedroom, a corner of the basement for my desk and a walk-in closet.
And frankly, because of limited space, limited funds and the temporariness of my living situation, I really haven't "decorated."
But I have put a lot of work into making my closet an organized, functional and interesting space. After all, my closet houses my favorite things.
Therefore, I am gracing you with a tour of my closet. I hope you enjoy!
While it's not "officially" part of my closet, I consider it just as valuable.
The jewelry box Al made me.
(I can close it and take it with me to shows when I sell Lia Sophia, but when it's at home, it houses all of my jewelry.)
Shades
Misc. basket, my nail "toolbox" and my "rainy-day" savings piggy bank.
My closet door.
(Oh, and say hi to Dorothy, my roommate's cat.)
My closet is a long, skinny walk-in. I can't do a lot of turning around, but it does hold a LOT of stuff. And I've worked really hard to organize it so that it's practical and functional.
As you enter, immediately to the left are my purse hooks.
On the right wall, are my hats and headbands.
If you look closer at the headbands, you can see I used a decorate ribbon and two push-pins in order to hold the headbands on the wall.
And I love the little polka dot mirror.
My cloth bins that hold my unmentionables. Bet you want to see inside those, don't you?
The middle section of the closet is my crown jewel: containing all my accessories.
You can see the belts on the left and some scarves hanging on the right.
Top row: Clutches
Second shelf: More purses and shoes
I color-code my closet with white at the front and black all the way in the back.
The far back has dresses and my business suits.
The bottom tier of clothes: blazers, skirts and pants.
Obama asks me to stimulate the economy, so I do.
(A gift from my sister)
My shoe bins. This is about 2/3 of them. The rest are on the left hand side on the floor under all the hanging clothes. I didn't show any clear photos of the plastic drawers that hold my jeans, sweatshirts, tees and tanks.
So, it may not be big, but I think I've made it work.
It's my little slice of closet heaven.
3 comments:
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog! I am working on my undergraduate degree in hopes to go to Law School, and will be separated from my s/o while he does his Army thing. It's nice to finally find someone in a similar situation as mine =]
Your blog is great!
I love seeing other women's closets! I'm not sure why.. but I do, hhaha! I'm having a giveaway, so you should enter.. you might be able to add another ring to the awesome jewelry box of yours!
www.lovelindsey.com
I would KILL for some of that wardrobe! I'm a huge fan of baskets, so those are super cute! (:
Post a Comment