Thursday night we had dinner at a little Mexican joint down the road and saw The Hangover 2 (which is no where near as funny as the first one. In fact, the funniest parts of #2 were the parts that joked about things from the first. The rest was pretty tasteless and much less funny.)
We slept in Friday morning and then spent the rest of the morning being lazy.
We went for a late morning walk and noticed that our apartment complex had finally opened our pool. So, then we went for a late afternoon swim.
Steamed chicken and veggies for dinner.
Then we went to El Paso Speedway to see the Sprint Car Races.
I get home last night and start changing into my PJ's. My shoulders hurt really bad.
I had doused myself with sunscreen before our swim and I reapplied when we headed to the races although it was late in the day. When I looked at the sunburn, it was it perfectly outlined the tank-top I wore on our morning walk.
We were outside for about 45 minutes.
I forget, though, that I am a LOT closer to the equator and that I'm a pasty-white-girl from Minnesota. It's a mix that leads to sunburnt shoulders (along with the tip of my nose).
The good news is that it will slough off in the day or two, leaving me with a nice tan.
And in the meantime, we had a great, relaxing and fun day.
We are looking forward to another relaxing day today. One that stays indoors, most likely.
Even better: I'm finally making friends. They're mostly Al's friends and their spouses, but I'll take what I can get. Sunday we're invited over to a couple's house. Al went to WLC with the guy and they are getting some folks together for a BBQ. I'm just looking forward to meeting more people. Especially wives that I can hang out with in my free time.
No comments:
Post a Comment