Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Goals: Revisited

Now that I'm settled in here in El Paso, I thought I'd go back over my summer goals.
Additionally, I've created a more specific work-out schedule, and daily and weekly to-do's.
My plan is to post each Monday on what I accomplished the previous week and what my goals are for the upcoming week, with the obvious end result of completing the entire summer goals list (and possibly more if I get really, really productive!)

Here is the list:
1. Take a boxing class
Progress: Purchased class. Need to schedule for first session.
2. Work on my long-paper
(Ultimate Goal: complete research and first draft by summer-end to be reviewed by Prof.)
Progress: Downloaded software to organize research. Created research map so I can get started.
3. Learn how to cook at least a week-worth of meals
4. Get my conceal-and-carry permit
5. Re-take the MPRE (August test date)
6. Visit family in Arizona
No longer applicable. My family is traveling to Alabama instead of Arizona.
7. Revamp my resume and cover letters
8. Read 10 books from my reading list
9. Take at least one weekend getaway with Al
Progress: Looking into a weekend trip to Colorado to check out Ft. Carson
10. Put together list of employment opportunities for my return to MN
11. Volunteer with an on-post organization
12. Get another tattoo
13. Find bike trails in El Paso and start riding a bike
14. Volunteer with a community-based organization (off-post)
15. Renew my CPR and First Aid certifications
16. (used to read "strip and paint the bedroom shelves" but I'm changing it because I didn't bring those shelves and have other painting projects to do.)
17. Learn how to make homemade sushi
18. Sew covers for couch pillows
19. Determine a solid work-out routine
(Ultimate goal: lose 20 lbs, tone muscle and re-gain strength & flexibility)
Progress: Completed work-out calendar.
20. Get boudoir photos taken
21. Determine my final-year game-plan
22. Put together Shutterfly wedding album
23. Make new headboard
24. Practice and re-new my German knowledge
25. Take care of my husband in every way possible!
Progress: On-going and constant!

2 comments:

Lou said...

yay you will love fort carson when you come to visit!!

It's Something Beautiful said...

I have the same goals physically. Want to tone my body! Good luck with your list :)