I don't like making resolutions. So many people make grandiose, superficial and virtually unattainable resolutions that they are of course going to keep.
I can even admit that I have done this in the past myself.
In fact, I usually feel worse about the fact that I failed at the goal than the fact that goal was pointless or unrealistic in the first place.
This year, I am instead going to make 12 mini-goals that can be accomplished throughout the year. Ideally, I will pick one each month that I can achieve and check them off as I go. It would be counter-productive, however, to not allow for flexibility. Especially if I have a particularly productive month or a month where things are too crazy to get the extras done. I also want to make sure that I am setting goals that can be achieved regardless of where I live and what my life entails. Let's face it, 2012 is going to be a busy year.
Before I unveil the specific goals, I want to outline (mostly for my own sake) my calendar and major events coming up in 2012:
January:
1 Year Anniversary!
1-Week J-Term
Final Semester of Law School Begins
February:
Al moves to Ft. Carson
March:
2-year Blog-a-versary
Spring Break - Visit Colorado
April:
Trip to D.C. for National Moot Court
May:
My Birthday & Al's Birthday
End of {my last} semester - GRADUATION!
Move to Colorado Springs/Ft. Carson
June:
Start Bar Prep Course
July:
Take Bar Exam
October:
Bar Results Returned
Get a Job DEADLINE
There may or may not be house-buying, baby-making, and a deployment in the plan, but we can't really nail down when/how those things will happen. Like I said, 2012 is going to be a big year. I can hardly wait!
Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2...
1 comment:
What an exciting year! I'm working on my goals list, too. Hope to get it up soon.
Post a Comment