Today, I get to do something that has been on my bucket list for a long, long time: help build a house with Habitat for Humanity. Even better, I get to do it with my mother!
It seems fitting, therefore, to pick a song about living through the hard times, using God to guide you, and making it through.
The Living Proof by Mary J. Blige
It seems fitting, therefore, to pick a song about living through the hard times, using God to guide you, and making it through.
The Living Proof by Mary J. Blige
Blige wrote this song for the movie, The Help.
{I haven't seen the movie yet because I want to read the book first. Both will happen in due time.}
She should have been nominated for an Oscar for this song, but was not. This is especially appalling since only two songs are up for the award this year.
In my opinion, this is one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. And from one of the queens of soul. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Happy Thursday!
3 comments:
I love that you are helping to build a house with Habitat for Humanity- it's something I've always wanted to do, too! I (very) randomly stumbled on to your blog but I'm very glad I did!
Love that you get to do something on your bucket list, so awesome!
Great song and that is awesome you able to give back in that way. Good for you!
Post a Comment