I leave for Denver early tomorrow for Day 1 of the bar exam. I am staying at a hotel a few blocks from the exam center so I can relax and get a good night sleep for Day 2 on Wednesday.
I have experienced severe lethargy and complete panic. I have cried (for hours, maybe even days) and I have been a neglectful wife, daughter and friend. After months of class and weeks of prep-work there are still topics I know nothing about. (Seriously. WTH is the difference between holder and bearer paper when dealing with commercial paper liability? It's OK...I don't know either.) But, there are some topics that I feel really good about. Better yet, I feel prepared for the time-management aspect, which is a challenge in itself.
And I'm not the only one with a rock in my stomach and little doubt in my heart. In fact, I have many friends back in Minnesota experiencing those same feelings. Even more, hundreds of people have gone before us. Some have passed. Others have magnificently failed. But, regardless of that, most of them are great lawyers and even more are totally fab people.
I am packed. I am well-rested and I am as prepared as I could ever be.
All I can do now is close my eyes, let go, and let God.
I have experienced severe lethargy and complete panic. I have cried (for hours, maybe even days) and I have been a neglectful wife, daughter and friend. After months of class and weeks of prep-work there are still topics I know nothing about. (Seriously. WTH is the difference between holder and bearer paper when dealing with commercial paper liability? It's OK...I don't know either.) But, there are some topics that I feel really good about. Better yet, I feel prepared for the time-management aspect, which is a challenge in itself.
And I'm not the only one with a rock in my stomach and little doubt in my heart. In fact, I have many friends back in Minnesota experiencing those same feelings. Even more, hundreds of people have gone before us. Some have passed. Others have magnificently failed. But, regardless of that, most of them are great lawyers and even more are totally fab people.
I am packed. I am well-rested and I am as prepared as I could ever be.
All I can do now is close my eyes, let go, and let God.
6 comments:
Good luck!1 You'll do great!
Hoping the best for you- I'm sure you'll do great!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week, friend!
Sending good vibes your way!!
Regardless of what happens we are very proud of you!!
However, knowing who you are and that this has been a dream of yours for a long time just that alone will help you pass the exam.
Good Luck!!! You will do great!
Post a Comment