I spent Monday and Tuesday in Denver taking the classes required for my life and health insurance licenses. It was two very long and very intense days of material to prepare me for the license exam next Saturday. This is the first big step out of the unpaid associate phase that I am in right now and onto the part where I start my business and start making money.
I also had an interview at a gymnastics gym for a part-time coaching gig. I actually coached for many years in college and when I decided to get a job to supplement my income, figured that would be a good route to go. It pays well and I really enjoy the sport and working with kids! I have a follow up meeting next Monday and should know then if I will join their coaching staff.
We had our home inspection yesterday. All the major things - roof, heater, central air, gas fireplace - are all in great shape. As we suspected, the work is merely aesthetic and we are just thrilled about that. We are excited to get through the last few steps (mostly with our lender) and close on the home. If everything goes as planned, that could be as early as THREE WEEKS from now!
After my post last week, about feeling lazy, I am glad I had a full calendar. For some reason I just feel better when I'm busy. I don't see my schedule slowing down anytime soon and that is just fine with me!
2 comments:
Ah, the licensing. I remember SoldierMan doing all of that back in the good ol' insurance days.
Cool about coaching! I didn't know you did that. We just happened to be rewatching some of the Olympics tonight (letting SoldierMan see some of it since he was gone the whole time) and of course I was all emotional all over again watching the gymnastics. I never did it, but I sure love watching!
Man, getting that home inspection out of the way...what a great feeling! Yay for that big step down!
So excited for you that everything is going smoothly with your home buying process! We've hit our unavoidable snags, sadly, and I'm just hoping that we can move past them. :(
Post a Comment