Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What am I going to do with FOUR bathrooms?

Yesterday I promised I would share photos and specs of the home we are currently under contract to buy. So, here goes...
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817
**All photos pulled from the Zillow listing - Not my photos!

The house is 2200 sq. ft. It backs up to a quiet park and is in a great, older neighborhood. Four bedrooms. Four (technically 3.5) bathrooms.

The main level has the living room (with fireplace):
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817
The dining room, the half-bath, and the eat-in kitchen, which walks out to the deck:
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817
Upstairs is the master, with en suite bath (and a walk-in I can spin around in!!!):
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817
And two more bedrooms, one bathroom.
The downstairs is mostly open, with one more bed and bath and another walk-out to the yard. 
6979 Reunion Cir, Fountain, CO 80817

The house needs some work:
Indoor and outdoor paint
Carpets need to be pulled, replaced, or exchanged for hardwood
Appliances in the kitchen
Blinds and window coverings throughout

But we knew the house would need work when we bought it. We knew we would be getting our hands dirty. We are okay with that - Al is downright ecstatic. 
Ultimately, we got an amazing deal on a home that is valued well above the accepted bid. Our mortgage (taxes and insurance included) will be LESS THAN WE WERE PAYING IN RENT! As a result, we have room to make those changes, slowly and increase the value of the home even more!

Now, my only concern is how big the house is. Seriously, what the heck am I going to do with four bathrooms!?

4 comments:

Reccewife said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I have us and 3 kids in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house, so I think I could think of some uses for those bathrooms :).
Have fun making it yours! :)

JG said...

Wowzas! This looks FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to see what you do with it! :) That's awesome you got such a good deal. And yeah, I bet Al is just itching to get started on some DIY. :) Enjoy!

Chantal said...

That looks like a great house!! You'll fill the rooms eventually.

I'll Love You Forever said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the work you guys put into it. I wish we had four bathrooms, lol.