Today, I am participating in Show & Tell Monday with From Mrs. to Momma.
It's pretty standard: answer the questions, link up, and meet new people!
It just so happened that the questions this week focused around a topic that is very significant in my life right now - homebuying!
1. If you are searching for a home, tell me what is on your "MUST" list?
As I previously announced, we are not only searching, but recently found a new home. On our list when we started looking was: 3 bedroom, 2 bath, good outdoor space, 2-car garage, room for us to do work and grow into it. We got all that and more!
2. Show me your favorite room in a home. (Your home or any home)
My favorite
3. If you could have any room redone, which one and how would you like it done?
Call me crazy, but I don't mind a simple kitchen and low-maintenance bathrooms. As long as I have a massive closet and enough space to comfortably live, I'm not too picky. That's not to say that I don't have a decorating style, or that I don't want top revamp my entire home, but the only room that is vital to me is my office. I do some work from home, and plan on doing even more in future years, so I need a great, organized, inspiring, workspace. Something like this:
Or this:
4. Tell me what your favorite stores are to shop for home decor?
My number one place to shop is garage sales, thrift shops, and auctions. I love finding older pieces and transforming them AND getting amazing deals. This doesn't work all the time and you definitely need to splurge and good kitchen stuff and other decor. For those items I like to shop at: Home Goods, BB&B, and Target. For a splurge, I'll stop at Pottery Barn, Pier 1, and Macy's.
5. Show me your dream home.
Last weekend, we did the Parade of Homes tour but most of them are over-the-top (seriously, even if I was a ka-jillion-aire, I wouldn't buy a 10,000 sq. ft. home!!). In fact, as much as a big, extravagant home is fun to think about, it's really not our "dream." I'm not sure I know what my dream home looks like, but I am excited to find out while we remodel the home we just purchased!
Since we're on the topic of the house, I wanted to share with you the inspiration/decorating binder that I put together last weekend. It's nothing special, but it's a great way to organize all the magazine photos, paint swatches, coupons and such that I've collected since this journey started.
The white tabs represent the various rooms in the home and the colored tabs are for:
1. Color/Pattern Inspo. 2. Coupons/Giveaways/StoreAds 3. Decor Ideas 4. DIY Projects
I use white labels and black sharpie to make notes on the pages. Why it inspires me, how much it would cost to make, a particular piece of furniture or color that I loved...and so on!
{Here's a secret: if you link up, you get a chance to win an Erin Condren planner!}



1 comment:
Isn't it funny the rooms that stand out to us? In our first house, my library was the room I put the most care into. I miss having a library.
Post a Comment