Monday, June 3, 2013

5 Goals in 2013: May in Review


Expand Mind
1. Did I read at least 1 book? Nothing new. Still reading "It's a Jungle in There" by Steven Schussler
2. Did I develop any skills? No. Nothing new.
3. Did I teach/tutor at least 1 child? No. I'm not sure I'm going to get to this. With my business taking off and taking up a lot of time, it's simply on the back-burner.

Increase Wealth
1. Did I payoff any debt? Yes! We paid off one smaller loan in full!
2. Did I increase ER savings? No, but we have maintained the account at its current level.
3. Did I increase additional savings? Not technically. I cleaned it out for my trip to Vegas (which was the whole point) and started a new balance towards my trip to Minnesota. So, the balance went down but I am still actively contributing to it.

Advance Career
1. Did I attend at least 1 event? Yes!
2. Did I write at least 1 article? No.
3. Did I make steps toward finding a mentor? Still in the works.

Enhance Home
1. Did we make progress on the guest bath/bedroom? Yes! Our third bathroom (basement) was completed and we made progress on the second guest room. 
2. Did we make progress on clearing the Radon? Done! The radon-mitigation system was installed and has been working for 4 days now. We will run our scan to see if it has been effective sometime this week.
3. Did we make progress on the outdoor projects? Yes. We finished landscaping around the driveway and front stoop. We will re-pour our front step soon and hopefully finish the exterior painting as well. 

**We also made major progress on the basement: walls painted, new flooring in, trim painted and replaced, closets revamped, and new doors on the utility closet. We have about half-a-day's work left to do finishing touches on the bathroom and bedroom and another day or two to do the stairs (which we'll complete in conjunction with the main level stairs.)

Improve Health
1. No smoking? Still completely smoke-free!
2. Did I eat healthier? Yes and no. I'm making salads for lunch and usually eating light snacks when necessary. Dinners have been healthy but we've also eaten out more than normal.
3. Did I take a multi-vitamin? I don't want to talk about it...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for being smoke free!!! :)