I wanted to share this from the other night.
One of my new roommates (I have two, and they are both fabulous, by the way) has been dating a guy in the National Guard. He has been activated and deployed previously, but is currently in a non-deploy NG unit.
The other night I came home around 22:30. As I was walking up to the house, I caught a glimpse of ACU's in the kitchen. I'm not going to lie, my heart did stop for a minute.
When I entered the house, I realized it was B.
Which, of course, makes sense.
There is no reason it would be Al.
And I don't even think my head thought it would be.
But I slept like crap that night. I tossed and turned. Apparently, while my head understood, my heart felt a little let down. I can't explain why it hit me that hard.
It shouldn't have, but it did.
I am so tired of web cams and bad phone connections. I am so tired of waking up to an empty bed. I am so tired of having my cell phone and laptop glued to me because he just MIGHT call.
I miss him. So much.
And coming home to a man in camo in my kitchen made me harshly aware of the small ache in my heart.
On the other hand, I am starkly aware of how close I am to coming home to MY solider. It's so close and THAT makes my heart do a tap dance/jig/tumble.
Soon that ache will subside and we'll be in each other's arms.
Soon all will be right again.
5 comments:
((hugs)) I can't imagine how that felt. I am sorry. But I am glad that your solider is coming home soon. :-)
Oh jeez. That is rough. I'm so sorry you had to go on that little roller coaster ride. OccDoc was in a "non-deployable" job, too. Oh, the Army's wicked sense of humor and semantics.
Sorry to hear you had a rough day. I hope your heart smiles again soon.
I really miss seeing ACUs around (and hearing American accents for that matter), but when I do see them I miss DM even more acutely. It's a rough life we choose.
:( I can only imagine how your heart felt when you saw that.. but your right - soon it will all be right again :)
I can only imagine. I'm sorry.
On a happier note: Yay for fabulous new roommates!
Post a Comment