Up until now, I was waiting, but I was waiting with relatively regular contact and with some idea of what I was waiting for. Now, I am waiting, but I don't know what I'm waiting for and when I will get it. Soon I will have my man home with me, in my arms.
Of course, "soon" is the closest I get to any time-frame.
Mostly because of OPSEC, Al can't really give me more information then that and in fact, it's pretty likely that he will be out of contact altogether for a period of time. I definitely respect him staying true to the security requirements and keeping himself and his men safe (even when I pry for more information, which I am sadly guilty of on occasion.)
I just wish I knew SOMETHING.
I want to plan a party for his return. I want to know how long I have to get everything in order at my place (and how long I can put off certain things I don't want to do...he he.) I want to know when I get to see him and hug him and kiss him. And, well, you know.
But mostly, I just want him home.
And this part, the uncertainty of time-frame. This is the part I don't like.
We've done so well on this deployment and I am so anxious to get to the next step. I know it will be a while for him to get settled back into a work routine and get rid of some of the stress he has, but I know that in no time we'll be moving along on our path. And I am so excited for it that I can hardly hold it in any longer. I just want the good stuff to start again!
So, Mr. Army-man (and Al's CO), if you're reading this:
Would you, could you, PLEASE, just get my man home to me?
8 comments:
Ugghhh the last month of our last deployment seemed the longest to me. "Soon" kept turning into "maybe next week?" which of course would get delayed. It just dragged!! Hang in there, you are not alone! Hopefully he is home SOON!
The waiting game is the pits. Not knowing what you're waiting for is even worse!! You're in my thoughts!!
PS. left a little love on my blog for you ;)
Awww! I know how you feel...I was going crazy these last few weeks, I didn't even know what day my hubbs was coming home and he couldn't tell me anything because of opsec. I had to contact the ombudsman for his ship and then go to a homecoming meeting where we were filled in on the specifics...the waiting game was killing me! Lol..I even had a breakdown and cried cause I was so frustrated! But it will all work out hun and I'm so excited your man will be home soon! :)
I know waiting is hard, especially with no countdown date. Just know its soon and that he's safe. He'll be back in your arms before you know it!
I hope you have a great Monday!
www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com
I'm just a wreck these days. I'm sitting here bawling and excited for you but scolding myself for getting excited for my Mr. to get home when he hasn't even left yet. I'm a mess.
Um, yeah - the not knowing part is definitely the least fun. I hope you find SOMETHING out soon - and just keep your chin up - it'll be here SO soon!
Hugs to you!!!
It's such a stressful time waiting! I remember that all too well. He'll be home soon!!
Post a Comment