This month (basically the whole time Al's been back at Bliss) has been very hard.
We have both been in peak-stress situations.
I went through the hardest session of mid-terms I've experienced yet while juggling a normal school load. Al has been tossed around a couple of different jobs and units and he's been waiting to hear on some medical information that could stir up our lives quite a bit.
We're both up to here in it.
It's been especially hard because it was riding the coat tails of our engagement and the whirlwind of emotions that go along with that.
I'll admit it, I've been a mess.
He probably won't admit it, but he's been pretty unhappy too.
And the mix of it all has made for a difficult time for both of us.
We fought. I yell and swear. He's calm and closed-off. And we fought some more.
We had a couple of the worst arguments, the least productive and the most emotional, that we've ever had. And after a lot of hours, words and tears, we decided that we needed to do something about it. Something major. Something real.
Last night we made a pact. I guess it's not so much a pact, but we each made a promise to each other to let some of the little things go.
To be more understanding and less critical. To be more supportive and encouraging.
And to daily tell each other why we do this and what it's all about.
When I woke up this morning, something was different. I slept really well, so I felt energized and excited to start my day. Something was just "better."
We turned a big corner in our relationship. The future I saw when I turned that corner was worth the late nights and emotional roller coasters. I am so blessed to have the relationship I do and I am ready to join forces to take on the world instead of each other.
1 comment:
Go Al and Melissa, Go!!!!
Post a Comment