Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wedding Weekend: Recap

I had a glorious weekend, which is evident from the "wedding hangover" (my friend came up with that term, so I can't take the credit for it) that I had today.
Getting up to join the real world was grueling.
I just wanted to stay in bed and watch re-runs of FRIENDS and eat Lucky Charms all day.

Class, work, and all the reading I had to do just didn't seem like a good alternative.
But I'm here, at school, giving it a try anyway.
And while I'm trying to kick my butt into a more motivational state, I'll give you a recap of the weekend.

I could NOT have asked for a better weekend. The hotel room was perfect, both families super-awesome and totally supportive and the ceremony went flawlessly.

The highlights for me:

  • Having girl time with my mom and sister the morning of our wedding. Getting ready, drinking wine and goofing off was the great way to get my morning started. My sister did my hair and it looked amazing and I really enjoyed the memories we made dancing around the hotel room to Disney songs!

  • Hearing the love letters Al and I wrote to each other as the pastor read them during the ceremony. Al is not always "one with words" but what he wrote in the letter was beautiful and definitely the most memorable part of the ceremony for me.

{Which reminds me that I still need to get ahold of the pastor and get copies of our letters from her. In our haste, we neglected to make copies for ourselves and I think that is something I want to have to cherish for many years!}

  • Having my sister hug me after the ceremony and say "I am so, so happy for you."
    For those of you who have followed along with some of the recent issues (and more issues) we've had, you know how that statement truly meant the world to me. For one weekend, my happiness was all that mattered to her. That was priceless to me.
I can honestly say that once the weekend finally arrived, it could not have gone better.

And then, less then 48 hours after becoming his wife, I brought Al to airport to say good-bye.
It's hard, as it always is. But now he's my husband, forever. And that helps...a little.

I'll leave you with the text he sent me this morning:
I would say good morning, but it's not very good. First time since our wedding that I've woken up without you. I love you lots!

7 comments:

Rei said...

I'm sad that you had to leave but it sounds like you had such a lovely ceremony and such a lovely day in general. Congrats for your day and a lifetime of great tomorrows :).

MJ said...

I'm upset that you had to leave him but I love that you finally got to marry him :) I hope that your married life is just as good if not better than your fiancee and girlfriend life :) Congrats pretty lady!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Do we get to see pictures?

Ashley said...

Hey dollface! I missed you getting married? Shame on me, BIG SHAME ON ME! Anyhoo - congrats on the marriage! Welcome to the MilSpouse club (it's really no different than the MilSignificantOther club! ha ha!). You have a great man. And even though I've been extremely out of the loop (I know, I always say this and I suck at life for it!), but I'm happy to see(read) that you're happy.

P.S. Change your header, you married woman you.

Unknown said...

That's amazing your sister was so supportive!! :) I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding if you post them!!

Beckie said...

Congratulations!! And sorry he had to go away so soon :( but it sounds like your wedding was a perfect day.

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you guys and I'm so glad to hear what your sister said. That made my day to read that.