Monday, May 16, 2011

Sleeping Issues

I've been trying to write my road trip and new apartment posts all day today.
But every time I sit down to do so, my head is all muddled and groggy.

It's not that the trip wasn't wonderful and my time in the new place hasn't been everything I could have asked for. In fact, it has far surpassed my expectations thus far.

Actually, it's because I am tired.
A week ago, today, I was on the last third of the road trip which ended in a total of 26 hours awake. Since then, I've gotten a full night of sleep every night. Yet, I cannot seem to catch up.

Last night didn't help. I couldn't fall asleep and once I did, it was restless.
I can't tell if it's because I'm in a new place or because Al snores or simply because it was simply "one of those nights." Tonight, I am taking a Melatonin and drinking some warm tea, hoping that calms my body and I can sleep soundly.

After all, I have a lot of leisurely things to do and I can't be too tired for that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate that! anytime we roadtrip or go in a new timezone, my internal clock gets thrown off and stays off balance for far too long. I hope you're sleeping soundly!