Have you heard of IFTTT? It's an internet (and app) that allows you to create personal recipes that link your social media outlets together. Read their information page to understand better, but basically you can have messages sent to you when someone tags you in Instagram or have a document sent to your Dropbox files when a friend "shares" them on Facebook. I have not personally used it, and doubt that I will at this point in time, but I've heard it does a great job of streamlining your social media so you don't have to log on to 17 accounts everyday!
The concept behind IFTTT gave me an idea for Fashion Friday. It will operate sort of like the "Amazon buyers also bought..." feature by suggesting items you may enjoy based on your interests. More specifically, if you really love a blazer you saw on Banana Republic but cannot afford it (because, really, who can?) I will find you options around the web or in-person based on that item. It will not always be an exact replacement, but maybe a different take on the item. For example, if you show me a color-blocked Coach purse it is unlikely I will find a suitable replica, but I might find another color-blocked purse equally awesome.
Here is this week's If this, then that:
I have had my eye on these Viv flats from J.Crew for a long time. Metallic silver, pointed toe, comfortable to walk in. All major selling points. The price? Not so much.
Today, at Goodwill (of all places) I found these flats:
Similar, no?
Metallic silver, pointed toe, only slightly less comfortable.
And the price? $2.99
Of course, they aren't in perfect condition and they are unlikely to last as long, but I can always justify a three dollar price tag versus a $200 one.
If you have an If this, then that you would like me to do, then email me at:
melcandersen{at}gmail{dot}com
Include a link to the item and what you love about the item, so I can do suitable research.
Have a great Friday, folks!



1 comment:
The shoes are cute!!!! Love the 2.99 price tag
Post a Comment