Friday, January 18, 2013

Clothes to Add to Your Closet in 2013

For the first Fashion Friday of 2013, I wanted to gather some clothing items that should be added to your closet in 2013. Each season, I put together a few items that I'd like to add to my closet and if I'm shopping and have the money, I snatch them up. It focuses my shopping to items I truly want/need and keeps me from straying too much. I also try to focus on classic and essential pieces that will last in my closet much longer than the trendy ones - though sometimes a trendy piece is thrown in for fun. As usual, I have kept the prices low and linked to where you can purchase them online. Enjoy!

Crisp White Blouse
**I know, I know. I should have one of these already. The one I have I bought last minute and found it in the little boys department at Sears. Not exactly the long-term blouse I want.

Gingham Blouse

Berry-colored cardigan

Tweed jacket

Denim jacket

Bright twill mini skirt
This one too, for good measure...

Brown pencil skirt
**Another basic I should have, but don't

Printed wrap dress
**Worth the added expense because this dress will last forever! But, cheaper alternative...

Grey knit tights

Back-seam nylons

Gold metallic skinny belt

Tortoise shell sunglasses

Ankle boots


Ankle-strap heels

Leopard print pumps