Friday, March 18, 2011

Millie Survey

It's going around. Kind of like the cold I have.
I'm pretty busy today and when I'm not busy any longer, I will be sleeping.
It's been a long week.

So, this is all you get from me for the day. Enjoy!

1. How long have you been a military wife?
45 days!

2. What branch of service is your husband?
Army

3. Active/Reserve?
Active

4. What is his job?
Mortarman - Infantry

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
One - a little over 9 months

6. ACU's or Class A's on your man?
Both are great and as much as I love the Class A's, ACU's just make me smile every time.

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
The fact that I can say it's MY husband who stands up for things bigger then we are. That MY husband fights for our country, no questions asked and doesn't even want a thank you.

8. Do you live on base?
No. He is in Texas, I am in Minnesota. Story of our long-distance life.

9. What is your favorite base so far?
In the Army, I've only known Ft. Bliss. My good friend going up was in the Marines and I spent a short time in the Navy. So out of all the bases/posts I've known I would say I like Naval Station Newport (because of it's proximity to Boston AND the beach!)

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Having to ask for permission to do absolutely EVERYTHING. I would love for Al to just take off for the weekend without getting a pass or letting his COC know.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary?
I don't go to either, because I am not on post. Wal-mart pretty much rocks, though!

12. Do you work or stay at home?
Full time student. Work part-time. No kids.

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Very few. We are close with ONE couple at Bliss and ONE couple in Minnesota he's known since childhood. The rest of my milspouse friends are bloggy-gals!

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Call me a weirdo, but I am really excited to shop at the PX. The time I was in the Navy, I really like it and since I haven't experienced any "post-life" in the Army, I at least want the experience. I'm sure the excitement will wear off and I will go back to Target and Walmart after a little while.

15. How did your husband propose?
With a ring, on his knee. Ha ha! He proposed after a Jimmy Johns dinner and scrabble date-night, in my bedroom, while we got ready for bed. He was on leave after deployment last fall.

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
After. He had 5 years in before we got married.

17. How long have you been together?
I've known him for over 6 years. We've been together for a little over 2.

18. Any kids?
No. We've only been married a month and a half!

19. Any kids yet to come?
Maybe 2 years.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
No. In fact, he is not Mr. Army at all. He likes his job and does his job well, but he leaves it at the door. I love that he is many things, including, but not exclusively, a soldier.

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Naw. But I'd totally kick his ass.

22. How many bases have you lived at?
None, with him. One, by myself when I was in OCS in the Navy.

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
Efficiency. It always amazes me how the greatest fighting force in the world can't file paperwork with even the remotest amount of efficiency.

24. Do you like military balls?
No! But I've been promised that I get to attend one this year. I WILL be holding him to that!

25. Where does your family live?
Both my family and his family live here in Minnesota where I am going to school.

26. What do you do for a job?
I am a legal research representative for an online research organization. I have done work in law firms as a clerk, but took time off from that to focus on school until summer hits.

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
Umm...I am an NCO's wife. And I've never gotten into it with any other wife, of any rank.

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
I get a little lazy sometimes. I am definitely less motivated to do school work and go to class. He calls me on it all the time, but I get so tired of all the work of long-distance and sometimes I just need the morning off so I don't go postal on someone's ass.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
I am sure they do. Especially the ones with kids. Sure, kids are such an amazing blessing, but they only add to the difficulty of missing your husband and increase stress levels. On the other hand, I sometimes think I'd rather have a couple kids then law school text books to keep me busy.

1 comment:

KAE said...

We are in Newport right now! It is nice here, but I don't think I would want to stay long term.