Last weekend, I had a few minutes while I was waiting for a few computer updates, so I decided to tackle one of my little organization projects I had lying around. For the longest time, I've carried this pink leather business card holder, overflowing with cards I'd collected for over 6 years, in addition to a stack of my own. A month ago, it got so full that I couldn't even snap it shut. I knew a new system was in order.
I just so happened to have an old coupon book sitting unused and decided that would be the perfect organizer for the business cards. First, I separated my cards from the other business cards and placed mine back in the pink holder. It makes sense that those cards will remain in my purse since you never know when you need to give someone a card.
1) House: my realtor, mortgage broker, plumber, and other necessary cards I need for home maintenance.
2) Personal: my hair stylist, nail salon, and other cards that are personal to my interests.
3) Business: my branch manager, colleagues, and important business contacts.
4) Volunteer: my many Army contacts and other organizations.
5) Family & Friends: for all those people you love that you want to help promote!
I made quick labels and into the sections they went. The file has so much room to grow and allows me to easily find a contact when I need to make a call or schedule an appointment. It also accounts for all the odd-shaped or differently sized cards that people produce these days. Finally, it leaves my smaller holder free to hold all my personal business cards for on-the-go use.
Linked up...
I took 10-minutes and on-hand supplies and remedied a disorganized mess. These are my favorite projects: a quick and simple solution that makes daily life just a little easier!
Linked up...
I took 10-minutes and on-hand supplies and remedied a disorganized mess. These are my favorite projects: a quick and simple solution that makes daily life just a little easier!

2 comments:
that's a great idea, i never thought of it. i end up tossing all the cards i get and then regret it when i need them.
my parents used to use those binders designated just for business cards, but i found them too dull.
but i find this is actually much better. thanks for the idea!!!
Thank you for linking up! Also, what a great idea to use an expando file to organize business cards. I have the same problem with card clutter. Great idea!
Post a Comment