Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 Goals: #3 - Advance Career

This category is probably the biggest one in 2013. I have made huge strides in building my business and starting my career in 2012. I graduated law school and became a licensed attorney in Colorado. I also received my license to sell insurance and manage investment accounts. I have one more exam to complete before I am a fully-licensed financial planner AND attorney. 

This year, I plan to put the majority of my energy into building my law practice and my financial planning business into a collaborative business. Here is how I plan to do that: 

1. Attend at least one event per month. This will help me grow my contact list and therefore my client base. 

2. Write one article per month. I want to branch out into more writing regarding the legal and finance fields, whether it be through the branch website, MSJDN, or other organizations. 

3. Find a mentor. I want to find a mentor through the CBA or another group, that can help oversee the growth of my business and guide me through the process. I would prefer a business-owner who also wears a dual hat in finance and law. I already have one attorney in mind, but I am going to sign-up for the mentorship program and see if that gives me a good lead as well.

1 comment:

JG said...

This makes me very excited for you! Can't wait to see your progress :)