Friday, June 1, 2012

Remotely

As I write this, I am sitting in an office lobby waiting for my bus. Yes, my bus. I am an official commuter now since I take the bus from Colorado Springs up to Denver for class every day. I'm still not sold that this is the best way to commute, as I have to allow an extra hour each day to get to the bus station and I still have to catch the metro rail train  from the Denver bus station to the actual school. The first day I traveled this way I ended up spending 3 hours in a classroom, 3 hours waiting for trains and buses and 5 hours actually commuting. Needless to say, I was a miserable  person by the time I got home.

This is day two and now that I know what to expect, it's already going  better . Plus Al agreed to let me splurge  and buy a tablet PC with some of my graduation money. In fact, I am blogging  on it at this very moment. My tech-geek brain is loving the new toy. I think it will make the commute, the class, and my summer that much better.

The commuter bus has wifi, which I think is pretty stellar. As does the law school, coffee shop and train station, so I haven't  missed the 4G one bit. So far. I might decide that I want to pay to turn my phone inot a wifi  hotbot if I start feeling "disconnected " but that isn't great for the budget and for now this works just fine!

Man, oh man. What did people do before technology?

No comments: