Recently, I provided an opportunity for you to ask me questions so you could get to know me better. A few of you responded with questions and now is the time for me to answer:
A Girl asked...
1. What is the best and worst thing about being a milspouse?
The best: The pride I have for my husband, who does an amazing job, without ever asking for a 'thank you.' The community of people I have met along the way. Oh, and the uniforms.
The worst: The inability to plan anything ever and the fact that we are constantly balancing my career with his.
2. When did you decide you wanted to be a lawyer and why?
So cliche - I was 12 and I chose to shadow a lawyer for career day in 6th grade. I was good at speeches, debate team and mock trial and once I started working toward the goal, I never really looked back.
3. Where is your favorite place to vacation and why?
I don't know that I have a favorite place, but having been born and raised in snowy Minnesota, I really enjoy warm weather and beaches. I also really enjoy exploring cities with a history or a story to tell. Ultimately, I enjoy adventures of all kinds and look forward to traveling to many different places, cultures and climates.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would it be?
Where would you never live?
I would love to live in New York City or Boston for a year or so, just to have the experience. I would never ever live in Los Angeles or Miami - they just seem dirty and so not my style.
You know the Baz Luhrman song "Always Wear Sunscreen"?
"Live in New York once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in California once but leave before it makes you soft." Ha!
5. Looking into the future, what do you think you and your husband will do when he is no longer in the Army?
I think we will move back to Minnesota (both our families are there) and buy a few acres outside the city. Al will probably work as an engineer, possibly running his own business, and building things in a shop out back. I will have my own firm, with flexible hours and a loyal customer base. We will have 2 or 3 kids, a Boxer named Junior, and a Boston Terrier named Winston. Or something along those lines...I haven't really nailed down the specifics! (right...)
6. What is your favorite time of year?
Early fall, when the days are still warm, but the nights are crisp. Just when the leaves start changing and it's perfect weather for a great pair of boots. Football season starts and Starbucks releases the pumpkin spice latte. Perfection.
JG asked...
A Girl asked...
1. What is the best and worst thing about being a milspouse?
The best: The pride I have for my husband, who does an amazing job, without ever asking for a 'thank you.' The community of people I have met along the way. Oh, and the uniforms.
The worst: The inability to plan anything ever and the fact that we are constantly balancing my career with his.
2. When did you decide you wanted to be a lawyer and why?
So cliche - I was 12 and I chose to shadow a lawyer for career day in 6th grade. I was good at speeches, debate team and mock trial and once I started working toward the goal, I never really looked back.
3. Where is your favorite place to vacation and why?
I don't know that I have a favorite place, but having been born and raised in snowy Minnesota, I really enjoy warm weather and beaches. I also really enjoy exploring cities with a history or a story to tell. Ultimately, I enjoy adventures of all kinds and look forward to traveling to many different places, cultures and climates.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would it be?
Where would you never live?
I would love to live in New York City or Boston for a year or so, just to have the experience. I would never ever live in Los Angeles or Miami - they just seem dirty and so not my style.
You know the Baz Luhrman song "Always Wear Sunscreen"?
"Live in New York once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in California once but leave before it makes you soft." Ha!
5. Looking into the future, what do you think you and your husband will do when he is no longer in the Army?
I think we will move back to Minnesota (both our families are there) and buy a few acres outside the city. Al will probably work as an engineer, possibly running his own business, and building things in a shop out back. I will have my own firm, with flexible hours and a loyal customer base. We will have 2 or 3 kids, a Boxer named Junior, and a Boston Terrier named Winston. Or something along those lines...I haven't really nailed down the specifics! (right...)
6. What is your favorite time of year?
Early fall, when the days are still warm, but the nights are crisp. Just when the leaves start changing and it's perfect weather for a great pair of boots. Football season starts and Starbucks releases the pumpkin spice latte. Perfection.
JG asked...
1. Have you settled on an area [of law] to specialize in?
In a perfect world, (read: one I don't have to write a big check each month) I would start my own firm and help small businesses get started. I truly believe our country runs on small businesses and I would like to help those people with ideas, inventions and dreams get the legal paperwork and assistance they need in order to be successful. I would help with everything from drafting business plans, loan and credit documents, filing patents, writing contracts and purchase orders and other business protections that they might need.
I never thought, when I first headed off to law school, that this is where I would fit, but it just feels like the right place for me!
Thank you both for asking. I enjoyed sharing my answers!
2 comments:
LOVE IT! I think about that Baz Lurhman song too. LOL!
Thanks for answering. :)
I love how specific your future plan is. :) And I love the name Winston for a dog.
Crisp at night, warm during the day. See, you need to come back to El Paso. We get a lot of that here. Well, not right now, of course. But you know what I mean :)
And I love your idea for your own firm. That sounds so much like you - using you life to help other people build theirs. Sounds like a perfect fit!
Post a Comment