Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 21: Another Moment

During the day Friday, we checked out Parade of Homes.

Originally, we were going to make a big thing of it and map out all the houses we wanted to see, drive around and check them all out.
We took a much more lazy route and just pulled up the addresses of the ones that interested us, put them into GPS and drove around.
We also fit in lunch with Al's sister and a couple of other necessary stops.

We saw 2 houses.
One was $1.4 million house.
See it, here. More info here.But my "moment" came when we entered the master suite.
1700-sq. ft. master suite with 5 closets. Yes, five.
I looked at the closets and looked at Al. I think I stared for a good 10 minutes, drooling over those amazing closets and this beautiful house.

Al: You better lawyer pretty damn good if we're going to afford something like this

Me: Yeah, I know. There's nothing wrong with dreaming though.

Al: True.

We then made our way downstairs to the "man cave" which consisted of a designer poker table and cigar room.
This is where Al was drooling.

Me: Honey, it ain't gonna happen.

Al: Yeah, the cigar room isn't sealed off right anyway. It would just let all the smell out.


Me: Yeah, 'cause that's why we won't have one in our house.

It was a lot of fun to look at houses and it really got Al and I thinking about what our plans are for a house in a couple of years. We've definitely got some time, but we now have a good idea of what we're looking for and what our goals are.

And really, we both just want a house together. Both of us. Home.

1 comment:

LaDonna Rae said...

I'm looking at apartment Townhome Style and 1700-sq. ft is bigger than the WHOLE entire apartment...but oh well I love the HUGE closest and its MY SPACE...so we'll see...but seriously 1700-sq. ft. master suite...WOW