Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Vow to Be Happier (and Why Leggings are not Pants)

I am sitting in the library begging for a distraction.
Trusty blog, thanks for rescuing me once again.

The following are random thoughts I've had:
- Leggings are NOT an alternative to pants. Ever.

- The library at my school is at least 30 degrees cooler then the rest of the school. Do books need things cooler to stay in good condition? Because I don't.

- Lunch hour is the worst time to go to the post-office, the bank or Taco Bell

- Sometimes I get headaches when I drink caffeine. Sometimes I get headaches when I don't. I think my headaches have nothing to do with caffeine intake and more to do with people who think leggings are the same as pants.

- I have been very negative recently. Swearing more, snapping at people and just all-around not pleasant. My first step in ameliorating this is to cut Facebook from my life for ONE WEEK. The time I would normally devote to FB will be spent working on the wedding website. This makes me happy and not stressed.

- I am currently reading a case about a married couple that "suddenly" filed for divorce. She probably wore leggings as pants one day and he couldn't love her anymore.

See, I'm smiling already. Peace.

4 comments:

Star Spangled said...

Please don't tell me your no leggings rule applies to jeggings too. That would break my heart.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the leggings. To me, they just look like thicker stockings, that have the feet cut off...I can't imagine why anyone would want to be seen in just their stockings, hence I don't understand being seen with just leggings and a shirt. *sigh* what is the world coming to?

Brittney said...

Haha love it! and have you seen the new leggings that look like jeans? The jeggings that star mentioned...lol? They are pretty funny and my hubby and I always laugh every time we see them at the store. He didn't believe me that they were really just leggings! As for the post office and the bank you are right...the post office is a horrid place any time of day, and I work at a bank and trust me..lunch time is the worst! lol Sorry things have gotten you down lately and I hope it gets better for you! :)

Wiley said...

LOL too true! I saw a woman yesterday wearing the jeans leggings when.. well, she shouldn't have been. In fact, I can't think of anyone who should wear them, but some people make them look marginally less offensive than others. Sadly, she was not one of them - and I felt embarrassed on her behalf. Then I felt mean for laughing...