Friday, October 1, 2010

Weird

I'm not sure what happened. I posted from my cell phone - received the text that it went through - only to discover some weird hieroglyphic cryptogram was posted instead of my interesting and eloquent post.

No matter. I'll sum it up for you.

Over the last two days, Al and I have been busying. We've been busy with lots of good, fun things, but busy nonetheless. I have some photos and I have a couple interesting stories, but I won't be able to get into them too much until things settle down (probably tomorrow.)

I will share a little bit with you right now.

Wednesday night, we had dinner at my parents. The plan was actually for us to head over there and I would "vanish" for a little bit so Al could talk one-on-one with parents. Yes, he wanted to have "the talk." So, I ran off to get a pedicure.

{I have to digress a moment to share with you the lady who was at the nail salon. She was literally Snooki (from Jersey Shore - which I don't watch, but understand the iconic relevancy of it.) She came into my nice, upscale salon wearing a hot pink and black lycra belly shirt, low slung jeans to show off her slight belly pooch and her tramp stamp. The best part was that she was getting her 2-inch purple acrylic nails filled. It was just odd.}

When I got back, we had a delicious dinner and spent a few hours hanging out with my parents. In the car on the ride home I asked Al if he was able to talk to them (I was gone for an hour, you'd think it was enough time.) But it wasn't.
He felt like it was set-up and my parents would know that was the whole point.

Which they did.
But I think that's OK. My mom and step-dad have both mentioned (and other times hinted) at why he hasn't done it yet. They know he's going to. They want him to.
And he just won't.
It's driving me crazy.

I keep reminded myself that getting all twisted up about it is only causing myself more anguish. The more I make a big deal about it, the farther he pushes it out. He wants to be a surprise. He wants it to be romantic.

And whining, guilting and bitching him into doing it my way isn't romantic.
I know, I know. That's shocking.
So, my new goal is to let it go. I know it's going to happen "at the right time." I know we'll be engaged (and eventually married, even better!) I just need to let it go so it can happen how it's supposed to.

And the fact that he loves me despite my neurotic attempts at controlling every aspect of our lives is further proof that he's the perfect man for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That image of Snooki chick cracked me up!