Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reflections on Leave

He left today.

Actually, about 12 minutes ago.

I am just kind of numb.
I'm not overly sad, perhaps because this is nothing compared to deployment.
Or maybe because it hasn't hit me quite yet.

He'll be back in December for another 30-day leave and there's a possibility I'm visiting him sometime in between. Either way, it won't be too long before he's here again.

The big difference between saying good-bye before he deployed and saying good-bye now, is that I can look down at my left hand and know that he's mine forever. That soon enough he's coming home to be with me.
For now, THAT is getting me through.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww, that's sweet. He IS yours forever.

Anonymous said...

I hope the time flies for you :) That is a great thing to get you through, always remember he will be coming home to YOU and not anyone else. Hang in there girl!

Julie said...

Love you tons!!

Unknown said...

Awe I'm sorry sweetie! I hope time flies!