I've been noticing some interesting character flaws/ticks/oddities - that are actually not a problem, but just weird things I do and I thought I would share them with you.
1. When I was in my first year of Undergrad, I read an article in Cosmo (shout-out to Just a Girl, who will appreciate this like no other.) This article discussed the cleanest stalls in a public rest room, stating that the one closest to the door was the least used and therefore the cleanest. In my thought process, after reading the article EVERY GIRL IN THE WORLD would now use the stall closest to the door. I theororized that the SECOND stall closest to the door would now be the most clean and would therefore be the one I would use from here on out.
Yes, I see the silliness. Yes, I still go directly to the second stall every time. It's habit and I can't break it (nor do I care to try.)
2. I am NOT a morning person. I've mentioned my disdain for pre-9 AM wake-ups and that I'm simply a terror sans coffee. Which is why my snooze button and I have a sordid affair. I will set my alarm for about an hour before I actually need to wake up and hit my alarm no less then 3 times. (Sometimes I even hit it 5 or 6 times, but usually I'll reset it altogether and go through the glorious event all over again 30 minutes later.) It's unhealthy my love for my snooze button and even though I know there are better (and easier, my God) ways of easing into my morning, I can't seem to break the cycle.
3. I'm an addict. Not of anything really detrimental, but addiction is addiction, right? Among the list of things I'm addicted to is coffee, online shopping and chapstick. While I won't make excuses for any of them, my addiction to chapstick does get a little out-of-control sometimes. I keep a tube next to my bed, one at my desk at work, at my desk at home, in my purse and a second as back-up in case one of those locations runs out. I also keep 3-5 new tubes in a drawer at any given time. God knows I can't run out and not have access to a store.
I'm totally weird. Are you weird too?
2 comments:
Hehe, I freaking LOVE the Cosmo thing, and thanks for the shout-out! And yes, I am totally weird too. I have to park in the same row in parking lots I go to often (like I will circle around a few times until I space opens up).
I am dying laughing at the Cosmo thing and now that I've read this, I may have an internal struggle every time I have to pee in a public bathroom.
Post a Comment