Friday, October 8, 2010

Monthly Thought-Provoking Question: October 2010

Well, I'm a total blog-slacker. The beginning of October came and went and I forgot to post a new TPQ. I am going to be completely predictable and center my question around the pinnacle of October-nees: Halloween!

What is your favorite Halloween memory?


My answer:
Although I've had many, my favorite is Halloween 1991, when Minnesota had a HUGE blizzard. The blizzard dropped over 8 inches of snow on Halloween night and over 28 inches of snow before the blizzard ended. I remember putting my winter coat, boots, hats, gloves and multiple layers over my cute bunny costume (I was 7 years old) and having my mom drive me door-to-door. We lasted about 10 minutes (or three blocks) before we gave up and went home. Mom made hot-cocoa and we stayed in for the rest of the night.
It might not have been the most ideal Halloween, but it's certainly the most memorable!

1 comment: