Sunday, October 31, 2010

And the Halo-Winner is...

Meg from Army Harmony
for her thoughtful rendition of a Civil War Solider at JUST 12 years old!
I LOVE the fact that you were a young girl with an old soul, just like me.
The costume looks great: creative and well put together and, well, it's simply hilarious.
Plus, your writing is spectacular and I was laughing the whole time you described your costume adventures growing up.

I do have SOME of your prize. The other part is coming in the mail. I made the mistake of buying it on E-Bay with Al's account (because I was able to get a HUGE discount and even use a gift card he had remaining value on) but they take a while to ship things sometimes.

{I know you're in the middle of PCS'ing so the fact that I can't send it out right away is probably perfect! For now, worry about settling in and getting unpacked and send me your e-mail address when you get the chance!}

Thank you SO SO SO much to everyone who participated. This was such a fun contest for Amber and I and we really enjoyed hosting this event.
The turn-out was small, but high in quality and I am optimistic that if we get this thing going again we can have even better turn-out the next time. For the first go-at-it, I am thoroughly impressed with the results - and YOU made it happen!
A special thanks to Amber, my partner-in-ghoulish-crime and the object of my sauciest dreams, for co-hosting the Hop. I really enjoyed working with you and hope we can do something again very VERY soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a seriously awesome costume! Congrats to the winner!

Mrs. Mootz said...

Congrats to the winner! Everyone had such awesome costumes!